Hunters are restricted to using only the weapon of the hunt type listed;
* Shotgun (Non-Ambulatory) – hunters are
in a wheelchair. Must apply by card only.
(Maps will be included in the hunter packet if you are selected or you can
on this site.)
- Area 1 - The entire refuge “core”
- Area 2 - Area bordered by the northern boundary of the refuge, south to the Shiawassee and Cass Rivers, plus
Green Point Island.
- Area 3 - Entire refuge except for the area north of the Shiawassee and Cass Rivers, and Green Point Island.
- Area 5 – Cass River Unit in Bridgeport Township.
September 10 and 11, 2013, daylight hours only, during our Open House Weekend.
APPLY ON-LINE: Visit
and click on "Hunting" for more information. Deadline to apply on-line is 11:59 p.m., August 1, 2013.
Partner selection rules are defined on our web site.
Shiawassee National Wildlife Refuge
6975 Mower Road
Saginaw, MI 48601
V/TTY Users: 800/649-3777 (Michigan State Relay System).
Equal opportunity to participate in, and benefit from programs and activities of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is available to all individuals regardless of physical or mental disability.
For information please contact the U.S. Department of Interior, Office for Equal Opportunity, 1849 C Street NW, Washington, DC 20240